Wednesday, November 3, 2010

One more thing

I just think this is great. On my run the day after Halloween, consisting of 100% sugar, myself, I ran amidst one of the swankest parts of town. It is a land of Over protective Whole Food, all organic, no cable or sugar in the house mommies and daddies.
The ground was littered with small wrappers of Nestle Crunch, Snickers, Skittles, Baby Ruth, Mars, Laffy Taffy and Dots (didn't even know they had those anymore).
I saw and older gentleman with a plastic bag, picking up the empty wrappers off his front yard.
I said, this is your 'treat' after last night tricks. We shared a laugh and I thought, no one, not one single gluten free home is safe from Halloween and it made me smile and remember when I was young and all we had to worry about was needles in apples.

No comments:

Post a Comment